CHEMOTHERAPY DAY 1 Today was my first day of chemo. I've been so anxious about this appointment because I didn't know how my body would react to it. Luckily they gave lots of pre-medications. I was given a very strong anti-nausea medication through my port, as well as a steroid and a strong dose of Benadryl. The Benadryl caused me to feel very sleepy. This actually helped with my anxiety. Today begins a 12 week treatment with two different chemo drugs, along with Keytruda. I'll be on Keytruda every 3 weeks for the next year for my immunotherapy. I will be coming for treatment oncer per week for the first 12 weeks. After the 12 weeks, I will have an additional 8 weeks of chemotherapy. The second half of my chemo treatment contains the Red Devil, also known as Doxorubicin. I will likely begin losing my hair within the next few weeks of my current treatment. I'm ok with that. I'll do anything in order to beat thi...

Comments
Post a Comment