Skip to main content

 BE PATIENT WITH WINTER

Today's affirmation has more than one meaning to me.  I've had to be patient with more than just winter.  FIRST, it talks about winter being a time to slow down and enjoy our homes and ourselves.  We need to enjoy the cozy feeling of socks, of blankets and sweaters and hot beverages.  Today was the perfect day to find joy in the cold, both indoors and out.  The kids have had a blast sledding outside today.  It has also been a great day for napping and movies.  I'm a summer girl through and through, but I can appreciate the beauty of winter.  I'm getting better at being patient with winter.  I used to wish it away as soon as it began.  However, it's good for all of us to find ways to enjoy all the seasons, even the frigid ones.  

SECOND, I was supposed to have my port placement surgery follow-up today.  The weather caused the office to close, which cancelled all the appointments for the day.  I'm being tested on my patience during the holidays and with this ice storm, dealing with my cancer diagnosis.  It has been difficult waiting all these days for my next appointments.  Hopefully the wheels will begin to turn this week, as I have a couple of pre-surgery appointments.  I'm ready to begin, but in the meantime I'll sit back with my warm blanket and enjoy the beautiful winter outside.  


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHEMOTHERAPY DAY 1 Today was my first day of chemo.  I've been so anxious about this appointment because I didn't know how my body would react to it.  Luckily they gave lots of pre-medications.  I was given a very strong anti-nausea medication through my port, as well as a steroid and a strong dose of Benadryl.  The Benadryl caused me to feel very sleepy.  This actually helped with my anxiety.  Today begins a 12 week treatment with two different chemo drugs, along with Keytruda.  I'll be on Keytruda every 3 weeks for the next year for my immunotherapy.  I will be coming for treatment oncer per week for the first 12 weeks.  After the 12 weeks, I will have an additional 8 weeks of chemotherapy.  The second half of my chemo treatment contains the Red Devil, also known as Doxorubicin.  I will likely begin losing my hair within the next few weeks of my current treatment.  I'm ok with that.  I'll do anything in order to beat thi...
 RESULTS DAY! Whew, has it been a long, excruciating weekend waiting for test results from my full body bone scan and CT.  I'm so happy to share the great news with everyone that my scans (according to the results in my chart) look clear of any metastatic disease!  My CT impression stated:  no findings to suggest metastatic disease in the chest, abdomen, or pelvis.  My bone scan stated:  Whole-body bone scan is negative for skeletal metastases.  This means my cancer is still contained to my left breast.  Praise the Lord!  God is so good!  I'm so grateful for this news today.  
 MRI DAY Today I had my follow up MRI of my breasts.  I have completed five months of chemotherapy...FIVE MONTHS!  It hasn't been easy but I gave it all to God and pushed through.  I have one more round of chemotherapy set for this week and then I'll be finished with chemo!  My oncologist ordered the MRI so we can see what the chemo has done.  The table was of course uncomfortable but I knew it had to be done so I didn't move a muscle during the procedure.  They gave me some music to listen to this time so that helped.  I should get results in two to three days.  Please continue to keep me in your prayers and let's pray this chemo has done it's job and kicked cancer in the behind!